Additional BorderNET NBN Conditions
Our new SATlinQ plans take full advantage of the NBN Co interim satellite service by providing the best connection possible to your area up to a maximum 6Mbps^ with far more flexible data options than ever before. The best part is it's free* to connect if you qualify under the NBN Co subsidy standard install guidelines.
Introducing the new BorderNET SATlinQ plans
Feel like downloading a large file but don't want it to spend large amounts of money for more data? Our new SATlinQ + plans give you the flexibility to manage your data by allowing you to download large files during an offpeak time slot without effecting your day time usage.
Please note that under the new NBN whole sale agreement, customers who download over 50GB in any 4 week period will be shaped to a 128k speed (twice the speed of dial up) for 2 full weeks from the date 50GB was exceeded.
The great news is that unlike previous programs, we can now do all the work for you. Simply fill out the NBN Enquiry form and we will get you up and running FAST.
If you need help deciding what plan suits you and your family, call one of our friendly team on 1300 730 302 or email us on email@example.com
Bits and pieces about our service.
- NBN satellite Service speeds are measured as the Peak Information Rate for your Satellite device. Your maximum throughput will be lower than this rate and will be effected by: Overheads imposed by Ethernet and other protocols you use such as TCP/IP, the internet service you are accessing, the network between BorderNET and the server you are accessing, the network between BorderNET and your service, local factors such as the performance of your computer equipment including your network router and wireless network and external factors such as weather, signal and the number of users on the NBN network.
- There are no charges for excess data.
- For SATlinQ plans, once data is used a customer's connection will be downgraded to 128K for the remainder of their billing period.
- For SATlinQ +plans, Day Time and +Time data are counted as 2 separate data streams.
- Day Time speeds will be downgraded to 128K for the remainder of the billing period if Day Time usage has exceeded the monthly limit.
- +Time speeds will be downgraded to 128K for the remainder of the billing period if +Time usage has exceeded the monthly limit.
- All customers on account creation receive 15MB of free web space and 5 free email boxes. BorderNET's new email servers included high grade virus and spam detection. Additional email boxes are available on request.
- Payment options include credit card and direct debit and are charged monthly in advance. BorderNET has 2 billing cycles on the 1st and the 10th of each month. Customers will be prorated from their day of connection to the closest billing date and charged monthly in advance from that date.
- The minimum term for a BorderNET's SATlinQ connection is 6 months.
Your roadmap to a BorderNET SATlinQ service
Once we have received confirmation of your ability to receive a NBN subsidised service, you will receive from NBN a form that contains your unique BSL number. Simply sign and return the BSL form via fax, email or snail mail to us along with a standard BorderNET account creation form and we will get you up and surfing the web in no time.
Call one of our friendly staff on 1300 730 302 and they will talk you through the process or fill in the Online Enquiry Form and we will contact you directly.
^Be advised connection speeds range greatly depending on your location, end user equipment and network congestion on your satellite
*Standard install only. Additional NBN travel charges may be incurred dependent on the remote location of an installation. These will be confirmed prior to installation.